Big Qids

I've taken the week-end off from finalising the Incentive Game pack and done some more work on the show participation game.

There's a number of reasons for that. Firstly I'm waiting on some answers from the printer/committee about some final aspects of production (don't panic, - nothing that's going to mean we miss this year's deadline). Secondly it does you good to take a break every now and then. Thirdly Phil got hold of the bases I needed from Martin at Warbases to mount the figures up and I couldn't wait to try them out..

It's the first time I've used Warbases' laser cut mdf bases and I wasn't expecting the smell of burnt wood you get when you open the packets! However that aside they're excellent, - precision cut with sharp edges. The burnt dark brown on the edges is attractive as well although for the game I need to colour code the units so I had to paint over this feature. Martin also cut and marked up some mdf egyptian shields to use to delineate the edge of Ramesses camp site. This is giving us an eclectic range of sizes in the game, that will be rounded off when I get hold of my 28mm pharaoh figure.

Any how, here's some photos of the playing area and the completed 6mm Baccus figures on their Warbases.

Overall view with troops in starting positions

Ramessses' Camp. Warbase shields with a bit of white Dulux
Pre Division crosses the ford over the Orontes
The Hittite ambush waits.
Pre advances and the Hittites close in......
Some of the Hittite first wave turns on the camp
The Camp attack with Qids/Qadesh in the background and the Hittite 2nd wave
Another view of the full board

Comments